Karim Benzema won the first Ballon d’Or of his career on Monday after a fine ceremony in Paris. The Real Madrid striker became the fifth French player to win the award. Sadio Mané and Kevin de Bruyne came on second and third respectively, while Kylian Mbappé fails to enter the Top 5.
top ten ranking of the 2022 Ballon d’or.
No bad surprise, Karim Benzema was crowned best player of the planet this Monday at the Ballon d’Or ceremony. Logically rewarded after a sensational 2021-2022 season with Real Madrid, the 34-year-old French striker beat the other 29 nominees after a ceremony at the Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris. On the individual roof of the world, the Frenchman finished ahead of Sadio Mané and Robert Lewandowski.
The ranking of the 2022 Ballon d’Or:
1. Karim Benzema (FRA, 34, Real Madrid)
2. Sadio Mané (SEN 30, Liverpool then Bayern Munich)
3. Kevin De Bruyne (BEL, 31, Manchester City)
4. Robert Lewandowski (POL, 34, Bayern Munich then FC Barcelona)
5. Mohamed Salah (EGY, 30, Liverpool)
6. Kylian Mbappé (FRA, 23, Paris Saint-Germain)
7. Thibaut Courtois (BEL, 30, Real Madrid)
8. Vinicius Jr (BRE, 22, Real Madrid)
9. Luka Modric (CRO, 37, Real Madrid)
10. Erling Haaland (NOR, age 22, Borussia Dortmund then Manchester City)